- Adopt-a-Text / Course Reserves
- Campus Delivery
- Circulating Equipment
- Computers / Software
- DocuServe / Interlibrary Loan
- Instruction Program
- Library Account
- Printing / Scanning
- Publishing Program
- Reference Services
- Renew Books
- Research Data Support
- Room Reservations
- Suggest a Book for Purchase
- Mailing List
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Printing from personal computers
Starting September 29th, the Library will offer print on demand services available for pick-up from the Sherman Fairchild Library (SFL) pick-up window by appointment.
Follow the instructions below to use Web Print to send your files to be printed. Please note you must either be on campus, or off-campus and using the VPN in order to access Web Print.
- You must wear a face covering when you come to retrieve your item(s). If you are not wearing a face covering we will not be able to serve you.
- You will be able to retrieve your item(s) on the West side of SFL.
- Please practice social distancing while on campus.
- Print items not retrieved after 5 days will be shredded.
If you need more in-depth assistance please contact helpdesk [at] library.caltech.edu or call 626-315-6775.
The following file types are supported for Web Print: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, PDF, and Picture Files (.bmp, .dib, .fig, .jfif, .jif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, and .tiff).
- After logging into the VPN, open a web browser (this example uses Google Chrome) enter the following URL into the URL Bar: https://printers.library.caltech.edu:9192/user Accept any “expired certificate” warnings you may receive.
- Enter your access.caltech username and password credentials and then click the Log in button.
- Click the Web Print link located on the left hand side menu to bring up your queue. Click the Submit a Job >> button located on the upper left.
- On the following screen, select your print job to print as a simplex (single-sided), or duplex (double-sided), color print job or black and white print job. Once you’ve made your appropriate selection, click the 2. Print Options and Account selection >> button on the lower right.
- On the following screen is where you can select the amount of copies you need. Click the 3. Upload Documents >> button on the lower right to continue.
- The following screen is where you can navigate to the file you wish to download or simply drag and drop the file to the upload area.
- Once your file is properly queued click the Upload & Complete >> button located on the lower right.
- On the following screen you’ll find your current print queue and the status of your print job(s).
- When the Status changes to Held in queue, you will receive an email notification shortly to schedule a time to pick-up your print job or you can click on this link to schedule it now: https://libcal.caltech.edu/calendar/SFL_No_Contact. All mediated printing can be picked up from SFL.