- Campus Delivery
- Circulating Equipment
- Computers / Software
- Course Reserves
- DocuServe / Interlibrary Loan
- Library Account
- Library Classes
- Print on Demand
- Printing / Scanning
- Reference Services
- Renew Books
- Research Consultations
- Research Data Support
- Room Reservations
- Suggest a Book for Purchase
Target Initiatives of the Caltech Library and Caltech Archives
The Library is in the midst of an ambitious makeover, rising to the twin challenges of constantly evolving 21st-century scholarship and ever increasing budgetary constraints. What are we working on? Find out more below. If you would like to learn more about a particular initiative, or to support it, please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Research and scholarship
- Senior Thesis Prize - created in 2010 by The Friends to reward exemplary undergraduate theses
- Three-Minute Thesis - a competition for final year graduate students to explain their research in 3 minutes
- Instruction - Staff teach a variety of classes related to current practices in digital scholarship, such as citation managment, copyright essentials, plagiarism, and data management
- The Multimedia Conference Room is covered in wall-to-wall whiteboards. It includes a 90" HDTV monitor and digital projector with touch, annotation and capture capability.
- New 3rd floor SFL meeting room with a pilot virtual reality environment that is available to the entire Caltech community
- TechLab - 3-D printing, scanning, electronic kits and more
- The Grant and Naomi Venerable Fund - support for items related to the human condition, especially African-American or Native American cultures. This fund allowed the library to supplement its access to the African-American Newspapers Series.
- The Harold Roach Fund - support for items related to the humanities. This fund helped the library purchase access to HeinOnline, an image-based government document and legal research database.
- The Richard Feynman Memorial Book Fund for the purchase of physics books allowed the library to purchase a number of physics titles as well as the Springer Ebook Package in physics and astronomy.