Printing / Scanning
The Caltech Library offers a number of printing, scanning, and copying options to its studdents, faculty, and staff.
Caltech Affiliates and library visitors are not able to print or copy but scanning may be available (see "Scanning" below).
- SFL 1st floor
- Dabney 1st floor
- Geology main room
- Millikan 9th floor
The public printers in the libraries only print on plain paper in 3 sizes: 8 1/2 x 11", 8 1/2 x 14" and 11 x 17". If you have a printing request involving larger sized paper, special paper, or transparencies, or would like to charge the printing to a departmental account, please contact DocuServe at Docuserve AT library.caltech.edu or x6437.
The Geology library also has a large format (36" max) printer; contact Tony Diaz (tonyd AT library.caltech.edu or x6699) for an appointment. Use of this printer is for map printing and scanning only. Please contact Graphic Resources for poster printing.
- SFL 1st floor (Epson flatbed, Ricoh multifunction, and KIC Bookeye 4 overhead)
- Millikan 9th floor (Ricoh multifunction)
- Millikan Basement (Xerox multifunction)
- Dabney 1st floor (Ricoh multifunction)
- Cahill (Ricoh multifunction)
- Geology (Epson flatbed, Ricoh multifunction and large format scanner)
Caltech Affiliates: Standalone (USB) flatbed scanner available on SFL 1st floor for use with checkout MacBook Air or your own laptop.
Library Visitors: Please contact library AT caltech.edu to arrange for assistance.