- Campus Delivery
- Circulating Equipment
- Computers / Software
- Course Reserves
- DocuServe / Interlibrary Loan
- Library Account
- Library Classes
- Print on Demand
- Printing / Scanning
- Reference Services
- Renew Books
- Research Consultations
- Research Data Support
- Room Reservations
- Suggest a Book for Purchase
Room Reservation Policy
Library spaces, conference rooms, and group study rooms are intended for instruction, collaborative and research purposes. These rooms are not intended to be used by anyone for non-CIT purposes. Beyond these general guidelines, specific policies apply to rooms in Millikan and the Sherman Fairchild Library (SFL), as detailed in the reservation pages.
For Caltech activities that fall outside the Library’s guidelines, more suitable spaces may be available at other campus locations. Please refer to the website listing the reservable classrooms, conference rooms, and venues across campus.
Additionally, the follow policies are in place for reservable Library rooms:
- Group study rooms and other library spaces are not available to be the meeting place for regularly scheduled classes.
- Food and drink are allowed unless otherwise indicated. For rooms where it is allowed, please clean up after yourself. There are paper towels and waste baskets in each room. No food/drink is allowed in the halls outside of the rooms.
- Reservations may be made up to three months in advance at http://libcal.caltech.edu/
- Reservations are limited to 3 hours per person per day. Special arrangements may be possible, please spaces [at] library.caltech.edu (contact us).
- To ensure that a room will be available, make reservations in advance, weekdays before 4:00 pm. Reservations made after that time cannot be guaranteed for that evening, nor those made after 4:00 pm on Friday for the weekend.
- Reservations will be forfeited if not present within 15 minutes of the reserved time.
- The Multimedia Conference Room is available through special request. spaces [at] library.caltech.edu (Contact us) for such requests.
- Group study rooms may be available for walk-in use; however, check with circulation staff because a room may have a reservation. You will be asked to leave the room if someone else has a reservation for it.
- Rooms are intended for use by groups; Library staff may bump a single occupant for a group.
- Please don't leave your personal belongings behind. If you leave personal belongings in the room unattended, they will be subject to removal. If we cannot contact you by the end of the day, they will be sent to the Security Office and you will be required to pick them up there.
- Rooms must be cleared each weekday morning by between 7 and 8 am, so that the Custodian may clean them.
The following spaces are available through special request. Please spaces [at] library.caltech.edu (contact us) for reservations.
- Multimedia Conference Room (MCR) in Sherman Fairchild Library
- 9th floor of Millikan
- SFL Amphitheater
Revised May 5, 2017