Printing from public workstations and public checkout laptops
1. Library public workstations are pre-mapped to the closest public printer. Nothing should need to be done by the user.
2. Occasionally the Windows computers will lose their drive mapping. If there isn't a printer available do the following:
- a. Click Start
- b. Type \\printers and hit Enter
- c. Find the printer that corresponds to the library you're in:
- SFL: SFL1-Printers
- Cahill: CAH1-6400
- Dabney: DAB1-6400
- Geology: GPS2-6400
- Millikan: MIL1-6400-CIRC
- d. Double-click that printer icon and wait while the printer is reconnected (this may take a couple of minutes)
- e. A windows will come up displaying the print queue. At this point the printer will have been added as your default printer.
Printing from a personal Windows XP or Windows Vista machine
1. [click] Start
2. [click] Run
3. [type] \\188.8.131.52
4. [press] enter or [click] Okay
5. A new window should open up with a list of all available printers (and you may be challenged with authentication credentials depending on how you’re logged on to your current machine
6. Locate the printer you want to connect to (for example, SFL1-PRINTERS) and either [double-click] that printer or [right-click] it and [click] connect from the newly opened window
INSTALL A PRINTER WITH CUPs 1.4.6 (SNOW LEOPARD)This documentation will contain the steps and procedures for connecting a Mac, with the Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.x operating system installed, to our public printers.
Step 0: Install latest Xerox WorkCentre 7545 drivers
- Make sure you have the latest Xerox WorkCentre 7545 Mac OS X drivers installed on your computer. You can locate them here: http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7545-7556/downloads/enus.html?associatedProduct=XRIP_WC7525_base&operatingSystem=macosx
Step 1: Access CUPS via local web browser
- Launch Safari (Firefox has known issues with CUPs).
- In the URL bar enter http://localhost:631