Group Study Room Information
|Room Name||Location||Capacity||Equipment Available|
|Group Study Room 218 (#2-1)
Group Study Room 220 (#2-2)
Group Study Room 229 (#2-3)
Group Study Room 231 (#2-4)
|SFL 2nd Floor Room 218|
SFL 2nd Floor Room 220
SFL 2nd Floor Room 229
SFL 2nd Floor Room 231
|9||52" HDTV monitor with Mac workstation|
|Group Study Room 331 (#3-2)||SFL 3rd Floor Room 331||7||Dell workstation and monitor|
|Multimedia Conference Room (MCR)||SFL 3rd Floor Room 328||20||90" HDTV monitor with Mac workstation|
AppleTV (Wi-Fi instructions)
Speaker phone: 626-395-3447
|SFL LAB 326||SFL 3rd Floor Room 326||17||3 42" HDTV monitors|
AppleTV (Wi-Fi instructions)
6 Mac workstations that can dual boot to windows
|200 Millikan||Millikan 2nd floor||12||42" HDTV monitor|
AppleTV (video through AppleTV only) (Wi-Fi instructions)
Moveable tables and whiteboards
Library Group Study Room / Multimedia Conference Room Use Policy
The Library Group Study Rooms and Multimedia Conference Room are for the use of Caltech students, faculty, and staff only, and are designated primarily as collaboration and consultation spaces for students. They are not intended to be used by anyone for non-CIT purposes. Faculty and student uses have priority over those of staff.
The person checking out the key must have a current Caltech ID at checkout, and be present with the group in the room.
- Food and drink are allowed, but please clean up after yourself. There are paper towels and waste baskets in each Room.
- Reservations (for 3 hours at a time may) be made up to three months in advance. (https://library.caltech.edu/reservation/)
- Reservations can be made for 3 hours per person per day. Special arrangements may be possible, please Contact Us.
- To ensure that a room will be available, make reservations in advance, weekdays before 4:00 pm. Reservations made after that time cannot be guaranteed for that evening, nor those made after 4:00 pm on Friday for the weekend.
- Reservations will be forfeited if the key is not checked out within 15 minutes of the reserved time.
- The Multimedia Conference Room and SFL LAB 326 must be reserved before the key is checked out (even for walkin use).
- 200 Millikan hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Library Administrative use has priority. If required, the library reserves the right to relocate your reservation to an appropriate group study room.
- 200 Millikan must be reserved 24 hours in advance of use. It must be reserved before the key is checked out (even for walkin use).
- Rooms may be available for walkin use; check with Circulation staff.
- Rooms are intended for use by groups; Library staff may bump a single occupant for a group.
- Group Study Room Keys must not be removed from the building.
- If you need to leave the building and plan to return within 15 minutes, leave the key at the Circulation Desk. If you need to leave the building for longer than that, please remove your personal belongings and return the key.
- If you leave the building and leave personal belongings in the room without informing the Circulation staff, your belongings will be subject to removal. If we cannot contact you by the end of the day, they will be sent to the Security Office and you will be required to pick them up there.
- Rooms in SFL are available all hours the library is open. For overnight use, keys must be checked out before 1am during the school year and midnight in the summer.
- Rooms must be cleared each weekday morning by 7:00 am, so that the Custodian may clean them.
Revised August 28, 2014